Do I need to pre-register for live bidding?No. If you are already registered as a customer with us, there is no need to register additionally for each auction. On the day of the auction, simply click on the ‘Bid Live’ link and you will be passed through to our live bidding platform.
I have placed a bid in an upcoming sale which I would like to reduce or cancel. How can I go about doing this?If you would like to reduce or cancel a bid, you can do this using either of the following two ways:
1. Using our Website
Your Cabinet gives you complete control over your bids. Simply go to the ‘Your Cabinet’ page and click ‘Edit Bid’ next to the lot you would like to amend.
2. By Email
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating:
- the date of the auction
- the lot number
- your bid amount
- the reduced bid amount (if applicable)
Can you tell me the highest Advance Bid currently offered on a lot?No. Advance Bids cannot be disclosed.
What is the deadline for submitting Advance Bids for an auction?Advance Bids can be submitted and modified using our website up until the moment the lot is offered for sale.
All bids placed other than via our website should be received by 18:00 on the day prior to the sale. Although we endeavour to execute any late bids, DNW cannot accept responsibility for bids received after that time.
If multiple bids of the same amount are placed in advance of the auction, which takes priority?If two or more customers place advance bids of the same amount on a lot then the earlier bid takes priority.
The lot I bid on sold for my maximum bid but I didn’t win. Why?There is likely to be for one of two reasons for this:
1. Another bid of the same amount was placed before yours. Earlier bids take priority.
2. Bidding was against you when it reached your maximum. In order to keep our auctions fair, we will execute your bid as low as possible. We do not increase the bidding artificially in order for the bidding to be with you at your maximum. To cover you against this happening we offer a ‘plus one’ option when placing advance bids.
The lot I bid on sold for one bid more than my maximum bid but I didn’t win it having ticket the plus one option. Why?There is likely to be for one of two reasons for this:
1. Another bid with the plus one option enabled of the same amount was placed before yours. Earlier bids take priority.
2. The bidding was with you when it reached your maximum. The plus one only comes into effect if the bidding is against you when it reaches your maximum.
Do you offer discounts on Buyer’s Premium?No. It would provide some bidders with an unfair competitive advantage if we offered some clients discounts and not others. Therefore, all customers are charged a standard rate.